Sophos virus scan has its feature to scan viruses, as it has the latest real-time security features. The malicious files on the system can be easily be detected, as there are three types of scans, which are full system scan, fast scan, and on-demand scan, from which you can choose the one depending on your needs. After you install the Sophos security software tool on the computer, follow the below procedure to scan the system.
Virus scan on Windows system:
- To open the Sophos's main window, double-click the Sophos icon on the notification tray at the bottom right corner of the desktop.
- When the main window opens up, select the Scan button at the bottom of the left pane.
- Wait until the scan completes, check if there are any virus indications.
- If there are no virus files, close the window; if not, then use a virus removal tool to erase the virus files from the system.
Virus scan on Mac system:
- Select the Sophos icon on the status menu bar at the top right corner of the dock.
- Now, the Sophos's main window appears, then click the more icon (three dots) located at the top right end of the window.
- From the list of options, select the Scan menu.
- To perform a full system scan, tick the checkbox of Run Full Scan and select the Start Scan button.
A common method for scanning:
- Open a web browser on your computer and visit the official Sophos website.
- Next, enter the Email and the Password to sign in to the Sophos Dashboard.
- In the Dashboard window, you can see all your devices having the Sophos security tool. Then select the device which you want to scan.
- Select the Scan button to start scanning; you can see the status of the scan on the notification bar on the screen.
- The computer needs a stable internet to perform the Sophos virus scan process.