Uninstall Avast Antivirus
Avast Antivirus is a software that protects your computer from unknown threats. If you have removed the Avast Antivirus software, it makes your device vulnerable to threats. Therefore, it is advised to install a new Antivirus software after uninstalling or removing the existing Avast software.
Carry out these steps to remove the Avast Antivirus software without using any tools:
- The Avast Antivirus software has Self-Defence mode to prevent the software uninstallation from unknown threats/.
- Therefore, disable the Safe-Defence mode if you have enabled it previously.
- On your Windows desktop, launch the Avast Antivirus software on your computer first.
- Click the Hamburger(Menu) icon available at the top-right corner of the screen and select Settings from the drop-down menu.
- Click the General tab from the left-side panel and select Troubleshooting.
- Under Troubleshooting, uncheck the Enable Self-Defence checkbox to disable the Self-Defence mode.
- Click the OK button in the new pop-up window to confirm your action.
- Close the Avast Antivirus program and open the Control Panel window.
- Select the Programs and Features option to display the available software running on your Windows computer.
- Select the Avast Antivirus software from the displayed list and click the Uninstall button available at the top of the window.
- Now, the Avast configuration screen will open.
- Click the Uninstall button located at the bottom of the Avast configuration screen, followed by Yes to confirm your action.
- After completing the uninstallation process, click the "Restart Computer" button to restart your Windows desktop.
Carry out these steps to remove the Avast Antivirus software using the removal tool:
- Using the Avast Uninstall utility, you can uninstall or remove the Avast Antivirus and its related files from your computer easily compared to the uninstallation process.
- Download and install the Avast Uninstall utility(Avast Clear) from the official Avast site.
- After installing the utility, launch the Avast Uninstall utility on your computer.
- If it prompts you to run the Windows in Safe Mode, click the Yes button.
- Now, the Windows desktop will restart and run in Safe Mode.
- In the utility window, click the Browse button and select the directory in which you have saved the Avast software.
- After selecting the software, click the Uninstall button to remove the application entirely from your computer.