Removing Virus From MAC Without The Antivirus
If you cannot uninstall the Webroot SecureAnywhere using the Control Panel or the Windows settings, then follow the below procedure to remove the Webroot program from Windows.
- Launch the Webroot SecureAnywhere program on the computer.
- Select the Settings menu in the Webroot window. After that, click the Basic Configuration option.
- Deselect the checkbox of the Show Webroot in the Start Menu, and the Show Webroot in Add/Remove Programs options.
- Then, save the settings by clicking Save All.
- Following that, close the Webroot window and search for “Programs and Features” using the Search bar.
- The list of programs appears in the window, select the Webroot SecureAnywhere menu and select the Uninstall option, which is above the list.
- Confirm the uninstallation in the User Account Control window to uninstall.
- Check if the Webroot SecureAnywhere program is removed from the Windows system. If it is still present, then proceed with the next method.
- Now, move the cursor to the lower-right section and then the Charm bar appears on the screen.
- Select the Search icon and type “C:\Program Files\Webroot\WRSA.exe“ -uninstall in the search bar and press Enter to uninstall the Webroot program.
- The system prompts to verify the uninstallation and then click Yes to confirm.
- Verify whether the uninstallation is successful.
- Restart the Windows 8 computer, and when the Startup screen appears, press the Shift key and click the Restart option.
- After the computer starts in Safe mode, select the Troubleshoot menu and then click Advanced options.
- Now, click Startup Settings under Advanced options to open different startup methods.
- To start the Windows computer in Safe mode, choose Enable Safe Mode and then click the Restart button.
- Next, a list of startup settings menus appears on the blue screen. Select Enable Safe Mode.
- After the system restarts in safe mode, search for “registry editor” using the Search bar.
- If the system prompts to allow the User Account Control window, confirm to allow and continue with the registry editor.
- Then, follow the direction ‘HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\SafeBoot\Minimal’ in the Registry Editor window.
- Following that, right-click on the right-side panel of the window and click New. Select the Key option.
- Now, a new subkey is created on the registry and then double-click on the Default subkey.
- Change “MSIServer” as the Value name. Also, you can change its Value data to “Service” in the Edit String window.
- Navigate to the path, ‘HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\SafeBoot\Network,’ and follow the above steps to create the subkey.
- Next, search for “cmd” and right-click the Command Prompt search result.
- After the Command Prompt window opens up, input the command “net start msiserver” and press Enter to start the Windows Installer Service on the system.
- Thereafter, you can uninstall the third-party apps, including Webroot SecureAnywhere on the Windows system in Safe Mode by following the usual uninstallation method.